Bible Book - Comic Book - Audio Books - Book Review
Non-fiction - Fiction - Used Books - Frugal Book
Clinical Review Of Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery, 2e
Organized around real patient scenarios, Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: A Case-based Approach, 2nd Edition,covers all the material you need to know for the board, in-service, and certification exams, while also preparing you to handle common patient situations in professional practice. Over 100 teaching cases are brought to life with an overview of the most common clinical presentations, physical examination findings, diagnostic tools, complications, treatments, and discussions of possible issues. This text covers the full scope of modern oral and maxillofacial surgery, while helping you focus on the conditions and disorders which are the most common, or have significant implications for modern clinical practice.
"I would most definitely recommend this book." Reviewed by: N.Galligan, British Dental JournalDate: Jan 2015
- Case-based approach incorporates teaching around real patient scenarios to actively engage and raise your interest and retention of the information.
- 103 cases, many of which are new, represent the full scope of modern oral and maxillofacial surgery practiceto encompass the most common and significant implications for modern clinical practice, including content emphasized on OMS boards and training exams.
- Detailed illustrations including one or more radiographs, full-color clinical photographs, or drawings for the majority of cases provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, and key concepts that will further enhance your understanding and retention of all content.
- Content that's perfect for all levels of study or practice covers both concepts and techniques that residents and pre-doctoral students can apply in the clinical setting, and the preparation tools necessary for oral and maxillofacial surgery boards and training/certification examinations.
- NEW! Full-color illustrations and photos give you a better pictures of common surgical techniques and pathology.
- NEW! Chapter 6: Dental Implant Surgery discusses the contemporary issues related to dental implants - specifically the routine placement of maxillary and mandibular implants, sinus augmentation, zygoma implants, treatment of edentulism, guided implant surgery, extraction socket preservation, and implantology for the esthetic zone.
- NEW! Section on cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) highlights the role of imaging from diagnosis to image guidance for many surgical procedures.
- NEW! Section on the advantages of computer assisted surgery highlights virtual surgical planning for a patient who presents for combined surgical and orthodontic correction of his facial asymmetry and apertognathia.
- NEW! Section on trigeminal neuralgia (TN) walks you through the diagnosis and possible treatments for a patient suffering from trigeminal neuralgia, the signs and symptoms that uniquely define the disorder, and the clinician's ability to recognize the specific diagnostic pattern.
- NEW! Section on neck dissection, an important aspect of head and neck cancer treatment, provides a case that involves a patient in which right selective neck dissection (I-III) was conducted on the right neck and a selective left neck dissection (I-V) was completed on the left side.
- NEW! Section on dentoalveolar trauma presents a new case that takes you through diagnosing and treating a patient who presents with anterior maxillary alveolar segment fractures involving teeth #7-9, with lateral luxation and Ellis class III fracture tooth of #9, and an intraoral laceration of the upper lip.
- NEW! Section on nasal septoplasty addresses a patient with a severely deviated nasal septum to the left, involving the quadrangular cartilage and the bony septum and how septoplasty can make a dramatic change in the patient's quality of life, by facilitating nasal airflow, allowing for better spontaneous drainage of the paranasal sinuses, possibly reducing mouth breathing, and reducing or eliminating the symptoms of snoring, and perhaps lessening the severity of the obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
A Review Of The Origin Of Species
This collection of literature attempts to compile many of the classic works that have stood the test of time and offer them at a reduced, affordable price, in an attractive volume so that everyone can enjoy them.
What Makes A Leader? (harvard Business Review Classics)
When asked to define the ideal leader, many would emphasize traits such as intelligence, toughness, determination, and visionthe qualities traditionally associated with leadership. Often left off the list are softer, more personal qualitiesbut they are also essential. Although a certain degree of analytical and technical skill is a minimum requirement for success, studies indicate that emotional intelligence may be the key attribute that distinguishes outstanding performers from those who are merely adequate. Psychologist and author Daniel Goleman first brought the term "emotional intelligence" to a wide audience with his 1995 book of the same name, and Goleman first applied the concept to business with a 1998 classic Harvard Business Review article. In his research at nearly 200 large, global companies, Goleman found that truly effective leaders are distinguished by a high degree of emotional intelligence. Without it, a person can have first-class training, an incisive mind, and an endless supply of good ideas, but he or she still won't be a great leader. The chief components of emotional intelligenceself-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skillcan sound unbusinesslike, but Goleman found direct ties between emotional intelligence and measurable business results.
The Harvard Business Review Classics series offers you the opportunity to make seminal Harvard Business Review articles a part of your permanent management library. Each highly readable volume contains a groundbreaking idea that continues to shape best practices and inspire countless managers around the worldand will have a direct impact on you today and for years to come.
- Perfect for making your own recipe book and storing your collection of cherished recipes from family and friends. It is also ideal for passing on your recipes to those closest to you as a gift for the future. All you need is an apron and a pencil to start. Let's get cooking!
- This Blank Cookbook Includes:
- Blank Table of Contents
- - 120 Blank Recipe Pages Including:
- - Recipe Name
- - Servings
- - Preparation Time
- - Cooking Time
- - Oven Temperature
- - Ingredients
- - Cooking Directions
- - Notes
- 12 Full Notes Pages
- 140 pages, White Paper, Non-Refillable
- Paperback, 6" x 9"
- Undated, Unnumbered
The Western Film Review
With this collection of reviews, fans of western movies can enjoy taking another special look at some of our favorites with western author Chuck Lewis as he offers us insight and a unique view of the films we like or even those we don't like. We might remember some of them with a nostalgia that doesn't match up with what the movie was all about. We think we know the stories, or what a good job of acting our heroes did, or perhaps gave no thought to the symbolism of the roles they played, but maybe Chuck can suggest something different.
The storylines of these movies are told here in detail and interspersed with appropriate and interesting observations. You will definitely learn while being entertained.
Most of these reviews are written with Chuck's subtle sense of humor, but all are informative and surprising at times. They offer interesting facts that never occurred to us when we first saw the movie, but all are honestly assessed with a bite that only Chuck Lewis can give us.
--Movies reviewed in Volume One--
"Shane--Winchester '73--Red River--Conagher--Will Penny--Monte Walsh--The Naked Spur--High Noon--River of No Return--The Unforgiven--The Big Country--Cowboy--Stagecoach--The Wonderful Country--My Darling Clementine--Monte Walsh (TV)--Jeremiah Johnson--The Magnificent Seven--The Wild Bunch--Tombstone--Blood on the Moon--The Searchers--Colorado Territory--The Bravados."
Vintage Books Articles
Vintage Books Books